As you’ll definitely be aware by now, we at Cannabrew are huge advocates for CBD, with its positive effects on relaxation and pain management. Naturally, we’ve tested, retested and retested our retests to ensure that our IPAs, lagers and ciders containing CBD adhere to the highest standards of safety. But, if you thought that beer and cider were the limits of CBD-infused alcohol - think again!
Now that CBD has been widely available for some time, clever souls have used their brainpower to curate a list of refreshing and tasty CBD cocktails that you can try today! Just be sure to get your CBD oil from a reputable source and you can try making these at home yourself.
About CBD cocktails
CBD cocktails are like regular cocktails - just with an added infusion of CBD. They’ll effectively mask the grassy taste of the added CBD oil and should provide a refreshing taste experience for those willing to get experimental with some recipes.
If you want to read more about the effects of CBD on the body, you can learn about it right here in our article; CBD beer effects: what does it actually do?
Do CBD cocktails get you high?
Much like consuming our CBD-infused beer, drinking a cocktail with an added dash of CBD oil will NOT get you high.
Adhering to strict manufacturing and laboratory guidelines, all commercially available CBD should have the THC compound within it removed. THC is the compound found within cannabis and hemp that is responsible for the psychoactive ‘high’ - removing the THC removes the ‘high’, if you will.
But, the good news is, you can enjoy the fab benefits of CBD oil without the unpleasant high - it won’t be detected on drug tests either, but there are some older tests that may falsely identify CBD as a high (depending on which test you use).
We’d recommend starting out by adding 15mg of CBD oil to your cocktail (unless one of the key ingredients - like our IPA, lager or cider - already contains it).
CBD cocktails you need to try
- Andy’s CBD Shandy (using CBD infused IPA)
- The Spiked CBD Michelada (using CBD infused lager)
- CBD Martini (using CBD infused cold-brew coffee)
- CBD Lagerita Cocktail (classic Margarita, but using CBD infused lager)
- Festive CBD Mulled Cider (using CBD infused cider)
Here are some of our very favourite CBD cocktails that we recommend you try today - recipes we’ve tried and tested with our very own Cannabrew products! Click the contents above to jump straight to each cocktail recipe.
Here’s our take on ‘Andy’s Shandy’. Created by Brooklyn bartender, Andy Imsdhal, this is a true IPA-lover’s cocktail (and those who also enjoy a bit of heat). Combining boozy King’s County Moonshine (or any reasonable substitute), lime and grapefruit, our Sesh IPA and a chilli hit, this cocktail will knock your socks off with citrus flavour and chilli heat.
- Rim a highball glass with lime juice
- Double shot (50ml) of Moonshine
- 1 slice grapefruit, lightly squeezed for flavour
- 1 slice lime, lightly squeezed for flavour
- 1 serrano pepper garnish
- Cannabrew Sesh IPA - top up to fill the glass
This refreshing, Mexican-inspired cocktail has been altered slightly (by us) to make liberal use of our delicious Soul Lager. Serve in a small tankard rimmed with salt and lime for that margarita feel.
- Rim a glass using the juice of 1 lime (squeezed into a bowl) then with 1 tbsp salt (spread on a plate and rub the lime-coated rim in the salt)
- Fill the glass with ice cubes
- 50ml tequila (your choice)
- Add the rest of the squeezed lime juice
- Top up with Cannabrew Soul Lager
- Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce (a few drops to taste)
- Garnish with a lime slice
This sophisticated take on the popular Espresso Martini comes from our friends at TRIP - using their excellent CBD-infused cold-brew coffee. They’ve perfected the recipe of their Guatemalan-sourced coffee with a dash of CBD oil for a jitter-free CBD experience - and a great tasting Espresso Martini taste-alike to boot!
- Martini glass
- 40ml vodka (your choice)
- 30ml TRIP cold-brew coffee
- 20ml coffee liqueur (your choice)
- 2 coffee beans to garnish
Ever thought that a classic Margarita was missing a little somethin’ somethin’ - that somethin’ being beer, specifically? Well, you’re in luck! This one’s great for when the weather gets a little warmer, combining the tequila kick of a margarita with our citrusy Soul lager (complete with the warm, fuzzy CBD feeling that comes with it). Oh, and guess what: if you’re more of an IPA fan, this works perfectly with our Sesh IPA as well! So, why not try with both and see which you prefer? It’s super simple to make too:
(To serve 2 people)
- Zest 2 limes on a plate, then mix in 2tsps of sea salt and 1 tsp of mild chilli powder
- Rub juice of a lime around the rims of 2 of your favourite glass and press the glass into the plated mixture to coat the rim
- Place a good amount of crushed ice and a lime wedge into each glass
- Mix together (in a separate vessel)
- 50ml lime juice
- 50ml tequila (of your choice)
- 25ml sugar syrup
- Pour the mixture evenly between the 2 glasses
- Then, top up each glass with our Soul lager or Sesh IPA
The perfect accompaniment to the festive season, here’s our very own take on a mulled cider, rich in citrus flavours - and, of course, nothing should stop you from enjoying this bad boy at any time of year. Actually, it’s also perfect for soothing a nasty sore throat - the CBD and lemon combo will do wonders to relieve the pain!
The recipe is incredibly simple too - simply add all of the ingredients below to a pan, bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins and serve warm. We’d recommend a garnish of a cinnamon stick and a slice of lemon. The measurements presented here should be enough to serve a small group of 4 people.
- 2 large lemons
- A handful of cloves
- 2 apples
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 5 pieces of star anise
- 2 litres of Cloud Cider
- Serve warm
Which cocktail will you try first?
And there you have it - a tasty selection of CBD-infused cocktails that you can try right now by mixing in our very own Cannabrew products.
Let us know what you think - or any of your other favourite CBD cocktails that you’ve tried - in the comments below.
You can grab yourself a mixed case of our Cannabrew products right now and get cracking on some tempting taste sensations. And remember - drink responsibly!